Thursday, June 25, 2009

Today I am sick

Today I woke up sick with a very sore throat and a huge headache. In the past 15 months I have never ever gotten sick not even a stomachache. But, today I am sick and it really sucks. I mean the one day that I get sick hubby has to get to work at 5:45 am, I am in a tiny town in West Virginia and my kid is more fussy than usual because she is cutting a tooth. 

Today I am more aware of what a mom with no help has to go through when she feels like sh$t. Seriously this is one of the worst things I have ever come to encounter especially because I have no family near me that I can ask to help me out. They are all in Mexico and today is one of those days were I wish I was living back home in the comfort of knowing everything, everyone and knowing what will come. Today I wish we were not here, I wish I was with my family.

But, I will get through it and I will survive. I mean there are so many people that have it so much worse than I do and they have managed to survive that I can´t help but be a little bit embarassed by my whiny post, just a little. 

It´s OK, I mean sometimes I get homesick and then it all goes away by the next day. So, I am just patiently waiting for tomorrow to come with a nice hot cup of lemon tea with honey.

Thanks, for reading and not saying what a whiny mommy I am. =)

2 comments:

  1. Just dropping by to let you know that you were one of the winers picked for this giveaway! http://www.shopaholicmommy.com/2009/07/freal-winners.html

    Congrats! please email me your name and address :P)

    shopaholicmommy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really sucks being away from family- especially when you need them there to lean on! I don't think you are whiny at all, just seem a little frustrated and it will pass. Feel better!! Thanks for coming by my blog and entering the giveaways. I have a lot more coming up so stop back by.

    ReplyDelete