Sunday, May 10, 2009

An Honor and a Privelege

For more than a year I have been blessed to be a mom. When my mom called me and told me "Happy Mother´s Day" I now know what that means. I now know that we are on the same team, that we have more than just love in common. 

I still find it hard to think of myself as part of THE MOM GROUP because although I am on, and although I love my daughter I still see it fit for old women. Now I realize that I AM AN OLD WOMAN, I have become a part of THE MOM GROUP, the one that I used to look up because they were so tall, now I get to look down. 

I never knew I could love someone so much.

It sounds so cliché but I never knew someone so little could bring so many emotions to me.

My scars on my tummy remind me every single day of my marriage and the day when she was born.

I never knew I could love like that.

I never knew someone so small could show me so much.

I never thought I was going to be a mom so young.

I know now what it means to be a mom.

I don´t know how to be a great mom.

I just know I can be me as a mom.

HAPPY MOTHER´S DAY!!!
FELIZ DIA DE LAS MADRES!!!

Remember to be a mom is an honor and a privilege.

1 comment:

  1. I would love for you to read my other blog. Could you send your email address to me at krissriley@sbcglobal.net then I will have blogger send you an invite. Thank you for reading! -kriss :)

    ReplyDelete