Monday, May 25, 2009

No pool for me...

Today we went to the pool. We have this medium sized pool at our community and we decided it was time that our princess got into the pool and learned to love it. I of course had not worn any of my swimsuits for about 2 years now. I was so self-conscious going to the pool, my butt, belly and thighs jiggling while I walked and my boobs sagging down to the ground. 

We got there and my husband got into the pool without a care in the world, my daughter excited got into the pool as well. Me? I kinda looked around to see who was there. Of course there had to be the swimsuit model type girls that were tanning. Crap, I thought. I mean really the best way to feel worse about your body is looking at girls that have these amazing bodies making you long for the pre-baby body you had.

I know, you look at your child and it makes it worth it. But, even then you still want to have an amazing body just like those college girls. I seriously did not want to get in the pool but my husband was urging me to get in. I slowly took of my t-shirt. Stood there just looking around waiting for another flabby mom to come my way. No luck.

Made myself busy folding up clothes, towels, putting sunblock and then...there was nothing left to do but take off my shorts and get in the pool. Oh my god, people were actually going to laugh at my cellulite. I mustered up my courage took off my shorts, got in the pool and swam towards my husband and daughter. And then, my top fell off, my sagging boobs were out. 

So for now, no more pool for me.

2 comments:

  1. Well then, I should have come to the pool with you- you would have felt sooo much better about yourself! I had twins so I CAN ASSURE you my body is not something that should be seen in the sunlight!!!

    I see your picture in your blog- you are skinny! Dont make me show you my tummy!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind but I just posted about your blog on my blog. I really like yours!

    ReplyDelete